All of that changes when you started avoiding refined sugars and processed and packaged breakfast foods. Dips in your energy evens out into one steady stream of reliable energy. What a difference a consistent pep in your step makes!
I contemplated naming these “All Day Energy Muffins,” because these moist morsels give you wings—more so than any energy drink I’ve ever tried. Check out the ingredients and you’ll see what I mean: flax, almonds, eggs, banana, apple, pecans—I doubt you could find a muffin recipe with more goodness crammed into it than this.
No really, don’t waste your time looking—just make these and enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- ⅓ cup flax meal
- ½ cup Almond Meal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup apple, finely chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 apple slices
- 12 whole pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flax meal, almond meal, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and cinnamon. Mix well.
- In another large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, raw honey, and mashed banana. Mix well until no large lumps of banana remain.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until fully combined. Fold in the chopped apples and pecans.
- Fill each muffin cup three-fourths full. Top with an apple slice and a pecan. Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until golden and set.
- Let the pan cool for 5 minutes, then transfer the muffins to a wire rack to cool.
145 calories, 10g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 6g sugar, 318mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 4g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!