Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced into half moons
- 1 cup green beans, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans
- ½ cup natural BBQ sauce (avoid ones with added sugars)
- 4 chicken breast, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 400º F.
- In a large bowl toss the shallots, sweet potatoes, green beans and butter beans with half of the BBQ sauce. Rub the remaining sauce over the chicken breasts.
- Cut four 12-by-16-inch pieces of parchment paper and fold each in half. Open the parchment paper and arrange ¼ of the sweet potato and green beans and a chicken breast in the center of the top half of each parchment. Generously season with salt and pepper. Top with a sprinkle of chives.
- Fold the bottom half of the parchment paper over the chicken and veggies. Start folding and crimping the parchment paper ends together from one end all the way around to the other end, creating a sealed envelope. Fold the end under the packet. The packet should be fully encased, with no breaks in the parchment paper for steam to escape – we need that steam as part of the cooking process! Place the packets on a pan.
- Bake the chicken and veggie packets for 30 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve the packets on plates, tearing them open just before serving. Enjoy!
One serving equals: 268 calories, 4g fat, 22g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 625mg sodium, 5g fiber, and 35g protein.