Here’s a savory recipe that you simply must try! Flank steak is a lean cut of beef, one that is encouraged in fat loss programs, however it can tend to be tough or dry when grilled. No so with this recipe!
By braising lean flank steak in an amazing blend of spices and veggies, this recipe creates a tender, fall-apart steak experience that’s oh-so-enjoyable. If you’re a fan of braised short ribs then you’ll seriously love this recipe. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need…
- 2 pounds flank steak
- olive oil spray
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 medium Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons Garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dried Oregano
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- lime (for garnish)
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Lightly coat with the olive oil spray. Add the flank steak and sear on both sides, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the steak to a plate.
- Deglaze the pan with the broth, scraping any drippings from the bottom. Set aside.
- Combine the remaining ingredients together in the slow cooker. Add the steak and pan drippings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, until the steak is fall-apart tender.
- Remove the meat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Shred with two forks then serve with the tender veggies and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: 258 calories, 9g fat, 7g carbohydrate, 3g sugar, 351mg sodium, 2g fiber, and 34g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your firstworkout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!