I have a lightened up this recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup that gives you the same flavors and comfort of Chicken Pot Pie, while keeping you on track with your fitness and fat loss goals. Enjoy this warming recipe on chilly day!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 yellow onions, diced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons Garlic, minced
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup white wine
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 cups roasted chicken, chopped
- 2 (14 oz.) cans coconut milk, full fat
- 1 cup Pearl Onions, halved
- 1 Green Zucchini, diced
- ¼ cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt the coconut oil in a soup pot over medium-low heat. Add the onions, celery and garlic. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the wine and cook until evaporated. Stir in the broth, butternut squash, thyme, poultry seasoning and bay leaf. Bring the soup to a boil over medium-high heat and then reduce to medium. Simmer the soup until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender, 10-15 minutes. Discard the thyme and bay leaf.
- Add the chicken, coconut milk, pearl onions, diced zucchini, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for another 5 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!
One serving equals: 227 calories, 15g fat, 11g carbohydrate ,4g sugar, 329mg sodium, 3g fiber, and 12g protein.