Are you eating tons of salads? I sure hope so. A big, colorful salad topped with a serving of protein is just about as healthy a meal as you will ever find. And, when done right, it’s also one of the tastiest meals!
Eating like this makes it possible to shed body fat while sustaining energy levels and muscle tone. This Curly Endive Salad with Butternut Squash with a big ‘ol serving of protein on top makes a fantastic go-to dinner salad. That is, dinner IS the salad; salad IS the dinner.
It’s light and tight and will leave you looking and feeling light and tight 🙂
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
Here’s what you need
For the Butternut Squash
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- sea salt
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon shallot, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon liquid stevia
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- 8 cups curly endive, torn
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Place the coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. While the coconut oil melts, in a large bowl combine the butternut squash pieces with the cinnamon, red pepper flakes and a few cracks of sea salt. Once coated, add the butternut squash to the skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl combine the vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk until fully combined.
- In a large salad bowl combine the endive, avocado and butternut squash. Toss with the vinaigrette and serve immediately. Enjoy!
91 calories, 5g fat, 10g carbohydrate, 2g sugar, 156mg sodium, 5g fiber, and 2g protein.
I hope that you get a chance to give this recipe a try this week. Remember that I’m only a call or email away to assist you in all things fitness. And if you are not yet one of my prized clients then call or email me now to set up your first workout – I’d love to help you achieve your best body ever!